Saturday, September 4, 2010

Q&A with Adam DiMichele


We here at Cherry & White Nation strive on delivering our readers with up-to-date news regarding our beloved Temple Owls, and providing plenty of analysis on each and every game like no other site can. One way we hope to do so is by hosting a number of Q&A's throughout the year. As you may have noticed, we have done a few Q&A's with another Temple Owls blog, as well as a recent interview with a blogger of a popular Villanova site. But never before have we hosted a Q&A with a former Temple football player... until now.

May I introduce to you, former quarterback from '06-'08, Adam Dimichele. The team captain for the 2007 and 2008 seasons, Dimichele finished fourth on Temple's all-time passing yards list with 5,024 yards, and added 45 touchdowns. His passion for the game was, perhaps, his greatest asset, and he will always be a fan favorite in Philadelphia.

Now, let's take a look at our talk with Adam Dimichele:

1. Coming out of high school, you were a very accomplished athlete in terms of achievements and awards. Following your decision to attend Junior College at Okaloosa-Walton College in Florida, what made you choose Temple, and what other schools did you consider?

I chose Temple for 2 different reasons. My brother Alex was attending the school already as a walk on fullback and i thought it would be pretty special if i played on the same college team as him. Another reason why I chose Temple was because I needed something different in my life. When I met Coach Golden, we hit it off and seemed to have the same goals and were both looking to change the entire culture of the Temple Football program.

2. You were drafted in the 2005 MLB Draft by the Toronto Blue Jays in the 38th round. Did you ever consider playing baseball professionally?

Oh yeah, I definitely thought about it. I thought that baseball was it for me. I never thought i would go back to playing football again! My heart was in a different place and football was where it was.

3. How would you sum up your time as a member of the Temple football program, and what was the one moment that stood out to you the most?

I had an amazing three years as a member of the Temple football program. We were at one time, one of the worst programs in the nation and we helped turn the entire program around. Just being a part of one of the most amazing turnarounds in college football history is more than enough for me. To be honest, there's not just one thing that stands out to me. Just seeing where we were when I first came on board to where the team is now, I don't even have words to explain it. The players bought in to what the coaches were preaching. It's as simple as that.

4. After going undrafted in the NFL Draft, you were offered a tryout with the Philadelphia Eagles, and ended up signing with the team for short term. How would you sum up your time with the Eagles, and how the NFL game differs from the collegiate level?

My short stint with the Eagles was just about as exciting as you would think it would be. I got to play in an NFL game and learn from some of the best NFL players out there. It was somewhat surreal at times but I think I held my own and learned a lot from those guys. The NFL is obviously faster than college ball. You have no time to sit back there and process information like you do in college. Those guys see a play, and barely even think before they act. Bigger, faster, and stronger players.

5. Following your brief stint in the NFL, did you continue to play football elsewhere?

I was in Canada and the CFL (Candadian Football League) for a little while and now I'm back home waiting on another opportunity.

6. With your Temple playing days over, do you still get a chance to follow the team? If so, how do you see the 2010 season unfolding for the Owls? Once an Owl-always an Owl.

I follow Temple football more than you can imagine! I would watch the games online all the time and had reminders and score updates sent to my phone after each quarter. I believe the 2010 Temple Owls have the talent to win the MAC Championship and head to a legit bowl game. Just the other day, I had a college football draft and I selected Bernard Pierce as one of my running backs. My younger brother selected Chester Stewart as one of his quarterbacks. Temple Pride right there!!!!!

--

We thank Mr. Dimichele for taking some time to answer our questions, and we hope to speak with him again near the end of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment