Monday, September 6, 2010

Q&A with Will Cummings


As mentioned before, we here at Cherry & White Nation love bringing our readers as close as possible to the athletes of Temple University. Once again, I have been in contact with a Temple athlete, this time, however, it is an incoming freshman for the 2011 basketball season, Will Cummings.

He's the first player to commit to Temple in the 2011 recruiting class. He will be coming from the state of Florida, where he has spent his time dominating the hardwood with his lockdown defense and rising offensive ability.

Without further ado, let's check out my conversation with the newest Temple recruit, Will Cummings.

1. What factors played a role in your college decision, and what other colleges, besides Temple, did you consider?

The factors that played a role in my college decision were having a chance to make an impact my freshman year, the playing style of the school, the coaching staff, and how the basketball tradition was at the school. The other schools I considered were Murray State, College of Charleston, Tulane, Colgate, Northeastern, Boston College, Stanford, UNC-W, Buffalo, UNF.

2. What are some things you will try to improve on before your career at Temple starts?

I really want to improve my overall game before I step foot on the Temple campus. I will really focus on improving my mid-range to 3-pointer and make sure I can keep making those consistently. My defense is something that I have been known for but I like to make that even better and learn more ways to read the offensive player. I will keep working to get my ball handling and passing better because those are two things that are very important in the jump from high school to college.

3. What are you most looking forward to when you arrive on campus and begin your basketball training at the university?

I am most looking forward to being around around the team and becoming better as a whole. I want to put on weight and getting stronger my freshman year so those are topics that I will be working on from now until I get to Temple. Also, I can't wait to be around the Temple Nation!

4. Have you had any discussions with current, or former, Temple basketball players?

I've had many discussions with Anthony Lee. We are from the same AAU program so I've had many opportunities to have discussions with him. On my visit I had the chance to talk with the team and see what their experience was like. The only former Temple player I was able to talk with was Dion Dacons and he gave me a lot of great insight.

5. Say what you want, give the fans of Cherry & White Nation something to look forward to during your future as a Temple Owl.

I want to keep the streak of A-10 champs alive! We need to hang more banners in the Arena and keep that push towards a National Championship going! Let's Go Owls!

--
We thank the young Will Cummings for his time, and we wish him the best of luck on his journey with Temple! We cannot wait to see him wear the cherry & white, and to see him do his thing on the court.

No comments:

Post a Comment